Brandon Grasley and Doug Peterson both challenged me and other Ontario bloggers to be joyful in our blogging and share in Lee Kolbert’s challenge. Here’s my entry in the fun.
Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers.
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Here we go:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger
Brandon Grasley and Doug Peterson. Both of which I admire tremendously.
Share 11 random facts about yourself
- I have a bald spot on the left side of my head. I was born with it.
- I drive a Mazda B4000 pickup truck.
- I created the first ever Harrow High School website back in the mid 90s.
- I had 4 people in my grade 13 calculus class and 6 in algebra. 13 of us graduated that year.
- I love Stevie Nicks.
- I used to follow Velvet Revolver on tour through Michigan and Ontario.
- My grandfather was the godfather of George Harrison’s niece and nephew. (Neil Aspinall anyone?)
- I was born in New Liskeard and somehow moved as far south in Ontario as you can get.
- I have my ear pierced. Left side. Still might get the right side done.
- I won a Science Award in grade 8 and never looked back.
- I spent far too long in University before finally getting my CS degree.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
(I’ll go with Brandon since he was first)
Who is the “most famous” person you’ve ever spoken with?
- Slash from Guns N’ Roses – a few times – I want to say he began to recognize me 🙂
What’s one thing you’ve learned recently for pleasure but not for work?
- Acoustic guitar. It’s still a work in progress. Thanks youtube.
What’s your favourite type of exercise?
- Jogging and floor hockey
What is something you love to do in each season of the year (name 4 things)?
- Have a camp fire outside
What’s something you have to do that you feel self-conscious about?
- Teach Language Arts – I’m a math and science guy.
Who helps you to “overcome”?
- Colleagues, friends and family. A super supportive group of people. Special thanks to @Botanybethw
If you could magically change one thing (and only one!) about the state of technology in education, what would it be?
- Make it standardized. A community of developers without the corporate focus. Less is more sometimes. No more updates. No more syncing. Sorry I can’t just pick one.
What do you appreciate?
- The opportunities I have had and invitations I have received to speak at various conferences.
Who have you thanked today? For what?
- My dog Wellie. He reminds me that the simple things in life are important. Thanks Wellie, now go back to sleep.
Is “unplugging” a good thing for you, or a bad thing, or …?
- Definitely a good thing. But the catching up afterwards can be overwhelming.
How did you feel when you were nominated?
List 11 bloggers
- Jon Orr – @MrOrr_geek – http://mrorr-isageek.com/
- Sharon Drummond – @Sharon_Drummond – http://andthenitclicked.com
- Ben Hazzard – @benhazzard – http://benhazzard.com
- Sarah Jessome – @MrsJessome – http://mrsjessome.com
- Michelle Cordy – @cordym – http://hacktheclassroom.ca
- Stepan Pruchnicky – @stepanpruch – http://140pluslearning.tumblr.com
- Dave Lanovaz – @DaveLanovaz – http://sine-of-the-times.blogspot.com
- Anne Shillolo – @anneshillolo – http://anneshillolo.blogspot.com
- Eric Wideen – @mrwideen – http://mrwideen.com
- Kristen Wideen – @mrswideen – http://mrswideen.com
- James Cowper – @Cowpernicus – http://cowpernicus.wordpress.com
Post 11 questions to the new list:
- Where did you go to school?
- What did you study?
- If you could be anything you wanted, what would it be (you can’t say pirate)?
- 1 means to work smart and 10 means to work hard – where are you on this scale?
- What was your first car?
- What is your all time favourite song?
- Who do you admire?
- What is your favourite video game?
- Apple or Android?
- Windows or Mac?
- How are you feeling right now? Why?
Thanks Brandon and Doug!