Geek. Dork. Teacher. Coach. Entrepreneur. Speaker
I am a grade 7 & 8 teacher and Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert who develops web applications to support 21st century learning practices and pedagogies. My latest project, edmettle, is a tool to support and develop student feedback over grades. I speak professionally on the topics of 21st century education, assessment and evaluation and have given three TEDx talks on education reform. I have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and am currently completing my Masters of Professional Education in Math & Computational Strategies at Western University in London Ontario.
- M.P.Ed. – Math (Current – Complete 2017) Western University, ON
- B.Sc. Computer Information Systems, Honours, University of Windsor, ON
- B.Ed. Faculty of Education, University of Windsor, ON
- Honour Specialist, Computer Studies, Western University, ON
When not teaching or coaching I like to develop web tools to support and enhance student learning.
My latest project is edmettle – a social network and feedback management system for teachers and students to “endorse” each other for demonstrating soft skills that you determine. It could be the learning skills here in Ontario, Covey habits or anything else you want to discuss with your classses.
Check out nkwiry – a social bookmarking site for schools. Allow students to explore, learn, gather & share resources with everyone in the class. No student sign up required! Easily share resources with anyone in the class! www.nkwiry.com
Another one of my projects is scrawlar – a cloud based word processing tools for students and teachers who don’t have email. Word processing on tablets, phone and computers with a modern browser. Not flash based – HTML5! www.scrawlar.com
Interested in social media. Especially interested in technology in the classroom!
Check out my video curation tool. www.clipkwik.com – twitter: @clipkwik
I also love camping, the beach and cheesy ’80s horror movies.
Below you will find the numerous free educational web apps I have developed over the years for teachers and students concerned with privacy. None of these services will ask for students to sign up or submit an email address. Perfect for K-12 and designed by teachers for teachers!
- Edmettle is a social network / feedback management system for classrooms:
- A Web Word Processor For Students Without Email:
- A Cloud Based Social Bookmarking Site For Classrooms:
- Find Educational Videos Fast:
- Social Networking For Schools:
- A Collaborative Web Whiteboard For Teachers and Students:
- EdcampSWO – Southwestern Ontario Website: